Commercial Truck Insurance Atlanta, GA

We want you to succeed

Driving a commercial truck is one of the most difficult jobs in the country. You are operating a very large vehicle and might also have to carry hazardous material. The truck driver has an enormous responsibility to their clients and the public. The federal government and the Government of Georgia have strict laws regarding trucking insurance coverage. 

Simplex Group can help you get the insurance you need to run your small trucking business in Atlanta, GA. With over 20 years in the trucking business, we are like no other company in the industry. We can help you with every aspect of running a small trucking company including:

  • Commercial trucking Insurance 
  • FMCSA compliance 
  • Truck factoring
  • Tax assistance 
  • Freight Planning
  • Permits
Photo of parked trucks

What The FMCSA Requires

The Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration requires trucks that are over 10,000 pounds and cross state lines to carry liability insurance of $750,000 to $5,000,000. The exact amount of coverage you will need depends upon the cargo you carry and the amount of that cargo you are hauling. It will also depend on your operating radius and the laws in the states through which you travel. The age of the vehicle you are driving as well as its make, model, and safety features, will also factor into the cost. 

If you transport non-hazardous material in a vehicle that weighs 10,000 pounds or less, you will need a minimum of $300,000 of insurance. 

Trucking accidents can cost millions of dollars, and you should be covered for far more money than the minimum amount that the government requires. 

If you call a random insurance agency, they may try to take advantage of you and sell you insurance that you do not need. The trucking professionals at Simplex Group know how hard you work for your money. We will look at the kinds of trucks you have, the lanes you use, and the drivers you employ to come up with the perfect amount of insurance for your company.

Cargo Insurance

If you own a moving company, the FMCSA requires you to get $5,000 of insurance for each truck and $10,000 for each occurrence. They do not require truck drivers to carry commercial cargo insurance.

Even if the federal government does not set a dollar amount of insurance you must carry, you will still need cargo insurance. Your clients trust you with their products. If that cargo does not get where it is going or is damaged, your client will lose money, and their reputation will be harmed. If products do not arrive at their destination, the retailer who was going to sell those products will be hurt financially, and their customers will be upset. 

You should always have enough cargo insurance to cover the wholesale cost of the products you are hauling, at the very least. When you make a contract with a client, there will be a clause that specifies the amount of cargo insurance for which you are covered.  

Cargo insurance will cover products that are damaged due to an accident or weather conditions. Cargo insurance will also cover lost or stolen products.

Physical Damage Insurance

If your driver causes an accident, your liability insurance will cover any medical bills for people who are injured in the accident. It will also cover physical damage to other people’s vehicles. However, it will not cover damages to your vehicle. For that, you will need physical damage insurance. 

If your trucks are financed, the financing company will require you to have a certain amount of physical damage insurance. You should always have this type of insurance, even if you own your trucks outright. Trucks are worth thousands of dollars, and they are one of the most important investments of your trucking company.

Bobtail Insurance

At the end of a long day, truckers will often take the trailer off their truck and drive it home for the night. When they do this, they are not covered by your liability truck insurance. Fortunately, commercial truck insurance companies offer bobtail insurance to cover your drivers when they are not on the clock. If you or your drivers take your truck home, you can get non-trucking insurance covering the entire vehicle. 

Simplex Group has helped hundreds of different companies get the perfect insurance package for their specific needs. We are committed to your safety, security, and financial well-being.

Photo of Red Trucks

General Insurance

When you own any business that operates out of a brick-and-mortar facility, you will need general insurance. This will cover you if a visitor or contractor injures themselves on your property. A trucking company is a big place with a lot going on, and there are many opportunities for mishaps to occur. A person could trip over a piece of equipment that is lying around, or they could slip on fluid that has leaked from a truck.

If one of your drivers is injured while at your facility, your worker’s compensation insurance will cover their injuries. This is not the case if an employee from another company visits your facility. Contractors who work for you may not be covered by worker’s compensation insurance. General insurance will cover you for anything that goes wrong at your facility.

The Best Commercial Auto Insurance Packages

If you need Georgia commercial truck insurance, Simplex Group can put together a perfect package. We love helping new trucking companies, so give us a call today for a truck insurance quote.