As Over-The-Road drivers, you are used to spending your time away from home. Whether you are a veteran driver or new to the game, there are some items drivers recommend to always have stocked in your cab. Here are a few essentials you should have:
- The first item on our list is shower flip-flops: they can help you prevent infections while you’re taking showers at different truck stops around the country!
- You should keep a sleeping bag, blanket, and pillow which can be more convenient than carrying bedding and sheets.
- An emergency bathroom container and toilet paper always come in handy when you’re on the road and there are no convenience stores around!
- Toiletries such as toothbrushes, hairbrushes, shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc. are a must-have! Every driver should have a bathroom kit with travel-sized containers that include all the basics
- Flatbed drivers tend to find gloves very useful, not only do they provide protection from the cold, but they also help protect your hands against injuries!
- A flashlight is always handy, you never know when you might need to check your truck’s engine or tires at night
- Pst.. also, some batteries for your flashlight!
- Pack an extra jacket and boots in your cab, you never know when bad weather is going to hit
- A dash-mounted cell phone holder is essential to ensure your safety. Avoid getting tickets and stay safe with a hands-free Bluetooth setup for your phone.
- Since eating out can be time-consuming and also very expensive when you’re on the road, it’s important to keep a lot of water and non-perishable snacks in the cab to stay hydrated and healthy during your trip and if you’re fancy you can also meal prep & have your home away from home meals!
- Lastly, we recommend bringing earplugs to ensure good rest! These will help you sleep better and stay alert and efficient when you have to get back to driving
We hope this is a good starting list you can use on your next over-the-road trip! Source: https://keeptruckin.com/blog/trucking-essentials-top-10-things-drivers-say-are-a-must-have